There are countless reasons why you as an every day should start to use a reusable bag. We have studied article after article, paper after paper, and blog after blog. Other than the fact that we makes the coolest reusable bags around, you are now on the cutting edge of a unique Grassroots movement that is sweeping the nation!
It is our belief that within five years over 90% of the country will be using a reusable bag in every field!! Its time to wake up and smell the coffee as we say !!.
Here are a few of our favorite facts in regards to why we are urging you to make the very important choice to put down your paper and plastic and protect your Earth today! It isn't too late. In fact, we are just getting started !!!
- A Plastic bag takes 450 years to biodegrade. Imagine 10 billion of them!
- The production of Paper bags causes 70% more pollution than Plastic.
- When Plastic "photo degrades" it ends up in our oceans. Incidentally, it appears much like plankton, and is then consumed by fish. Fish eat it, and it winds up on your dinner table
- The recipe for making paper bags starts with 1 part pulp, 400 parts WATER. What a waste of water !!!
- The recycling of plastic emits heavy metals into the air causing extreme air pollution
- An average person will use over 350 bags in a single year.
- In New York City, one less grocery bag per person would reduce waste by five million pounds and save $250,000 in disposal costs
- In 1999 more than 14 million trees were cut down to produce 10 billion paper bags that were used by Americans
- Reproduction in cattle & buffalo & reproductive disorders in dairy animals
The facts are staggering and we could go on and on as to why it is so imperative that you stop using paper and plastic now.
- Reusable bags save trees
- Reusable bags save water
- Reusable bags save gas and oil
- Reusable bags help air pollution
- Reusable bags help our oceans
- Reusable bags help our sea creatures
- Reusable bags help our families!